Saturday, October 30, 2004

SLOW WEEKEND a vote for Bush is a vote for the end of the world...

Got up and took my son around town with me...got the Wired magazine Creative Commons CD. I first heard about the CD when I saw it available for download as mp3s. But since I don't really have the proper software to edit mp3s, I figured I needed to buy the CD for wav files. I'm listening to it right now. I really like the My Morning Jacket tune. That's as far as I've gotten. It would have been more helpful if they had provided the elements of the tunes instead of just the tune itself. But this is a step in the right direction...even Hilary Rosen is warming up to the idea of Creative Commons...

Hilary Rosen a Dem? Who Knew?

And speaking of Hilary Rosen, I saw her on Hardball (I think) as a Democratic surrogate...all during the Napster/RIAA face-off, I had her pegged as a corporatist Republican fascist whoremonger--but she is gay. So I guess she doesn't totally try to sell herself out.

Beinart v. Coulter-No Contest


Watched BookTV a little this afternoon...saw the Beinart/Coulter debate from Oct. 17. Boy did Beinart kick Coulter's ass...He made his points with facts and figures, she had very few facts and figures and relied instead on sarcastic, flippant remarks to appeal to the few righties in the audience...Apparently, that's how the right-wing communicates to its own--they don't communicate with facts and figures, but rather with attitude and tone of voice. Perhaps that's why right-wing radio is so popular--because it's mindless and there's plenty of attitude.

Wal Mart and the Rebel Flag

Went to Wal-Mart--yes, MS is the red state to end all red states...saw lots of soon-to-be-deployed military types. Didn't really get hassled even though I was wearing a Kerry shirt. Speaking of that, hopefully we've solved our sign theft problem--we got a ladder and stapled the signs high up on some trees in our yard. I guess we'll find out tonight.

Speaking of signs, I keep meaning to take a picture of the house a few streets over that features a Confederate flag (not the state flag, but the full-fledged rebel flag) flying from the roof and not one, not two, but three Bush/Cheney signs out front...somehow it says it all.

No comments: